Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Climbing high

My parents decided to take up rock climbing this year. I was eager to try it out. I mean, if they could do it, I could, too, right? So when I finally got an opportunity to go to Tulsa for a few days, we went to climb at a place in Tulsa. I took the lessons on how to tie the knots and belay, then went over to the rocks to give it a try! Do I look ready to go?


I think I did a pretty decent job and got the hang of it pretty fast. It was fairly tough, but I was eager to get to the top. The hardest part? Letting go once you get to the top. My mom kept yelling, "Just let go," but nothing in my brain told me I could safely let go. It was tough. The second hardest part is undoing the knots when you're done. Your arms are already tired, so working to untie the knot is rough.

I was only mildly sore yesterday from it. I'd recommend it if you're looking for something sporty and challenging. But gimme a call before you leave...cause I want to come with you!

No comments: