Holy crap, that's not very far away.
Guess it's time for an update. Things have been better. I've been doing really well on the eating thing. I know this because I've been hungry all week! Healthy food doesn't necessarily stay as long in your digestive system as "crap." I'm pretty sure I haven't been skimping on food, just eating correct portions of the correct food. My stomach will adjust. Work has gotten slightly better as well, but I'm not holding my breath about it.
Last week's workouts didn't go as planned, at all.
- Monday: I worked late Monday and because of a storm, I wasn't able to swim (they closed the pool because of thunder as soon as I got there), and I didn't have other workout clothes, and it was too late when I got off work.
- Tuesday: I biked, but it was short ride, and you read about that in the last post.
- Wednesday: I was going to make Nick run with me, but I had the worst headache, so we skipped the run. (See, not doing so well!)
- Thursday: I did alright. I swam at lunch for a good 45 minutes or so, but I didn't make it after work because again, I got off work too late, and my gym closes at 9 p.m.
- Friday: I had to go in early to work Friday because of a plane crash south of town, so I rushed over during lunch to get a quick run in. I had to be back at 12:40, and I couldn't get out of there until about 12, so with changing twice, I only got a 17-minute work out in. But I did run 11 minutes on 6 mph (which is fast for me) incline 1 percent. I thought that was pretty good for me. The other 6 minutes of the workout was a 3-minute warm up and a 3-minute cool down. I had to get out of town ASAP, too, because a nasty snow storm was supposed to hit after 4 p.m., so I didn't go again after work.
- Saturday: We didn't get the snow we were promised, and I was heartbroken. Kayle and I went to the gym in Norman and did the spin bike for 30 minutes and then took a lap around the track (1/6 mile) for good measure. We did abs and inner thighs, too!
- Today: Kayle and I ran outside and she pushed me some, and after, more abs and inner thighs. We're such girls.
Kayle said today that I've improved a lot on my run and my abs. (Well, good, since it's been 8 months...) But really, it's good to know all the work has amounted to some change. My run, she said, is more consistent, which is good, I guess. I still need to work on speed, but I'm doing what I can. I don't do abs as often as I should because I really don't like them. I know it's my problem area, so it's even more important for me to concentrate on them.
Our 33-mile bike tour is Saturday, and I'm pretty worried. Honestly, mostly about my shoulders and neck because I get really tense in those areas on my bike. I think my whole body is still adjusting to the new bike. We're going to take it slow and ride together, so it should be fun regardless. After that, my boyfriend is going to make me go to the Medieval Fair. OK, I'm a geek and I LOVE the Medieval Fair, but I'm not sure how much I'm going to want to walk after that bike ride. We'll see...
2 years ago