Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Jumping in

On Sunday, I signed up for my first tri of the season! (Only $50!) It's April 11. 400m pool swim, 12 mile bike and 2 mile run. Not bad to start the season, eh?

So now I have less than six weeks before I race a tri! Ahhh! But yay too! I started my official tri training yesterday with some speed work on the run. Here's what I did:
- Warm up: Walking 0.25 miles, jog 0.5 miles
- Main set: 5 x 0.25 miles at 9min/mile pace, incline 2, followed each set by 0.15 miles walking
- Cool down: Walking three minutes, slowly reducing speed

Then today, I did my long swim. I haven't really been swimming much, so I'm jumping in!
- Warm up: 100m
- Main set: 3 x 250m
- Cool down: 100m

I'm feeling pretty good. Tomorrow I'm supposed to double up swimming and cycling. I don't think I'll be able to do them right after each other because of pool/daylight hours, but I'll get them both in!

How's your training going?

1 comment:

Diane said...

My first race is similar, on April 24th (shorter bike). It feels so good to get back to racing, doesn't it? Or training for racing anyway. Congrats on your first 5K of the season too. Sounds like it was a good one.