Thursday, January 15, 2009

Running - again, Ouch!

I ran on the treadmill yesterday. I didn't do as well as I had hoped, but I had a good burn and my heart rate was up the whole time, so I don't think I could have worked much harder, so that's good. I would run until I felt extremely tired or starting to get nauseated and then walk for a bit, but I'm afraid I'm still struggling running more than walking during a given workout. This nausea thing isn't working out for me. About halfway through, I noticed my legs were starting to hurt when I started running again and I knew I'd be sore today. Sure enough, my inner thighs, my hips and my hamstrings hurt. It's especially bad right behind my left knee. I stretched before and a ton after because it was already getting sore. I find this weird since I've been "running" for 6 months now, but maybe its the first time my legs gave out before my body did, which I guess is a mini victory in itself.

Kayle and I have a 5k scheduled for next Saturday. I'm going to do the best I can, but I'm not expecting great time or anything. It should be good though. I enjoy "competing" in races. (I put it in quotes because I'm not at all competitive for my age group. Mostly high school and college runners it seems...)

My back is doing better this week, but still killer. I'm doing what I can for it, but all I can really hope for is that it clears up on its own in a few weeks...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well i was starting to get worried about you girl. Hope your feeling better as each day passes. What's up with Kayle, I see she hasn't posted in her blog. Is she all blogged out? Tell her I said Hi.
My best to you on your 5K. I am sure you'll both do fine.
Are you both still doing the tri in April? I am all set for mine, yeah right. I start training officially for it on the 26th. That gives me about 12 weeks to improve on my running and swimming, my weakest points.
Take it easy and don't do to much to soon.
Thinking about you.
Catch you later...:-)