Thursday, April 2, 2009

Saturday's goals

I didn't end up biking today. I know, I know! I don't need a lecture. It was cold and windy today, not to mention I didn't get off work until sunset because I went to a work-related dinner. Which, by the way, had an interesting story. I order a sandwich, toasted, and fresh fruit. I really wanted fries, totally craving them, but made myself make the right choice and get fruit. Little did I know, toasted meant really buttery and toasted (wouldn't have made that choice!). Also, they brought fries instead of fruit! And the guy seemed really surprised when I said we'd ordered fruit. So basically, they brought me fruit and told me the fries were a bonus...great. I ate about half of them! Again, I know, I know, but where am I supposed to have will power when they bring the very thing I'm craving and didn't order???

Tomorrow will be a busy day, too, but I'm mostly packed. I'm heading to Edmond and Kayle and I (and our boys) are going to eat some pasta. The race starts early (7 a.m.) Saturday morning, so we're getting up early and heading over there. It's 33 miles with six, I think, water stops. It's supposed to be mid-50s to mid-60s for the race and windy! My goals are:

1) Finish the 33-mile bike tour. If I do this, it will be a success.
2) I'd like to do it in less than three hours, but with stops and natural slow down as I get tired, we'll see.
3) Let's say doing it in less than 2:40 would be pretty cool. That's less than 5-minute miles the whole way...

No comments: