Saturday, September 19, 2009

Twas the night before the race...

Am I ready? Will I be fast and strong? Or will I struggle throughout the whole thing? Am I ready?

At this point, my friends, I'm afraid it doesn't matter. The race is in less than 12 hours.

I wanted to bike Thursday, with a short run after, but I was feeling sick and was exhausted all day, and I found out that my boyfriend -- whom I'd seen and kissed just two days before -- was throwing up, so I decided to nap after work to protect myself. I couldn't get sick with days until the tri! We'll see if I made the right decision.

I volunteered at the Iron and half Iron distances today. It was great to be able to cheer on the athletes and help them during the run. I was at the special needs "tent," and helped runners get dry clothes, shoes and food out of their bags to help with their racing. Everyone was really appreciative of us being out there, but I was just amazed at them. It's just awesome, really. Kudos to all today's racers! I did stand for about three hours in the sun, and I was out for another hour or so sitting, so I'm a little concerned about wearing myself out a little pre-race. I did get to see a little of the course (beautiful, by the way), and I got totally excited about the whole thing. Pretty great packet, too...

Well, I'm about go to bed. Planning on getting up sometime in the 4 a.m. hour tomorrow. Even though my wave doesn't start until 9! Lame.

Goals:
1) Finish the race. Hopefully with a smile.
2) Total time in under 4:30.
3) Total time in under 4:15.
4) Sub 1:20 on the run. I think that will be the most challenging, perhaps, but would just be amazing!

Wish me luck!!! Look for a race report...probably Monday?