Sunday, January 17, 2010

The plan

Hello folks!

I'm planning on starting my new workout routine tomorrow. I'm going to try to fit a workout in today, but I have a lot of things planned for today, so we'll see. My workout routine is as follows: One day a week of each of the following: Swim, Bike, Run, Weights (with 20 minutes cardio), and Other. The other category gives me a lot of flexibility on what I want to do. It can be one of the other four or zumba or P90X with Nick, just whatever. I do abs each Monday, Wednesday and Friday (maybe once on the weekend, too). Each Sunday, I will sit down and figure out which day I do what. With basketball season, and soon softball and baseball, my nights and days are just crazy, so coming up with a set day off and set day for anything is just going to be difficult. This way, I have more flexibility and I should know what kind of week I'm going to have by Sunday. (I say that, not knowing if I have to shoot pictures at some basketball games tomorrow night or Tuesday night...) This "routine" will carry me through February (and basketball season). I'm planning on my first tri on April 11 (if they ever open registration!), which will give me almost six weeks to double up and train for it specifically. Without a lot of experience with my job and what these games will entail, I don't want to add a completely hectic training schedule. I think this will suit my needs.

The plan this week is:
M - Run or rest (depending on basketball photography); abs
T- Run or rest (again...)
W - Swim laps (it's been a while!); abs
R - 20 minutes of cardio and then full weights
F - Rest; abs
S - Other
N - Bike

I think it'll be a tester week to see where I am in each of these. I'm probably going to run/walk for 45 minutes and bike for one hour. As far as laps go...I have no idea where I will be. Maybe I should plan to swim for 30 minutes and see what I can get done.

I'll try to keep you posted!

No comments: