Saturday, April 10, 2010

Race is tomorrow!

I just got back from packet pickup! I'm totally excited and pretty freaked out all at the same time!

I'm nervous. Not because I'm afraid I won't finish or I think it will hurt. Just because it's my first race of the season. I guess it's kind of like the first time you get on a roller coaster when you get to the amusement park. You know it's going to be awesome, but it's pretty scary. Plus, it's a pool swim, with individual start times, and I'm not sure what to expect with that. I don't know. I'm looking forward to it, though!

I didn't get a last run in. I worked until 8 p.m. Friday, and then went to this event at work. The whole office was there and then I helped clean up after. I didn't get home until 10 p.m. (and I'd been at work solidily since 8 a.m.). Then the next morning, instead of hitting the snooze, I accidentally hit the off button, so I didn't get time for a run before I had to head to Tulsa in time to see my mom. Oh well. I'm sure it will be OK. But you know what the toughest part about having a race tomorrow is? Not being able to work out today. It's so beautiful out! I want to go on a bike ride or something...

Goals:
- Run the whole 2 miles (I've never ACTUALLY done a race without walking some.)
- 1:30 would be AWESOME, but I think 1:35 is more of a realistic, but tough goal time
- Then of course, coming in ten minutes later (1:45) is a pretty decent race.

This race is really going to be a feeler race. And fun. That's what this season is all about. Fun races!

Wish me luck!

No comments: