Monday, May 31, 2010

It finally happened

My workouts have been going great over the last week. I've felt really blessed to be out there, having fun swimming, biking or running. I live in a small town, and my rides take me out in the country. I've gotten to ride beside running baby cows, goats and playful gophers. It's been pretty fun. I'd fallen off the "I enjoy this sport" thing, but I think I'm getting back on! I have a tri in less than two weeks, so I'm trying to give it my all before I leave on vacation on Wednesday/Thursday!

Yesterday, I had a bike/swim planned. It was great! First, I went on a 12-mile bike through Norman, eventually planning to end up at the OU Pool for an OUTDOOR swim! Along the ride, it finally happened! I fell for the first time with my clipless! It was one of those times where I didn't get the second foot out in time and just sort of fell over stopped at a stop sign. I scratched up my knee a tiny bit, got a small bruise and pulled the chain off the gears. There were two cars at the intersection to watch my graceful fall, but it really wasn't too bad. I made sure to clip out extra early the rest of the ride!

So many times when I work out, I think, how great would it be to jump in a pool right now...and this time I got to! It was the first time all season the outdoor pool had been open...and the first time I've done lap swims outside since the first few classes of my Beginning Swimmer class four years ago! Let me tell you...it was amazing! It was so much better than being inside. I'm not really sure why, but I really enjoyed it. Because I don't live in Norman and there's a pool where I work, I won't get to use the outdoor pool much, but it was a great swim!

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend! I plan to run today, bike tomorrow...then travel Wednesday and Thursday. I'll be on a camping/float trip with Nick's family. I hope to get a run in along with swimming in the river, canoeing on the river and hiking through the hills. And plenty of relaxing! Should be a great trip!!!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Sounds like it was a great workout. I'm still at the sneaker stage with the bike. The clip shoes make me nervous. Glad you were ok. And I suppose now that you've had your first fall, you know what to do so it doesn't happen again. I love swimming outside! It's the best.

Unknown said...

I Will Add Real, Active and permanent Member For Your Facebook Group
If you want you can try this.
https://www.fiverr.com/s2/04fb933782