Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Oh the humidity!

Well, my tight calves kept me from running until last Thursday, when I finally got a short run in! But I struggled a lot with the run, partly because of the calves and partly because of the ridiculous humidity! Yup, it's that time in Oklahoma again...

The weekend...well, working out didn't happen. Then Monday, I did a long, sweaty bike trainer/ab workout. (Tornadoes and wind in OK kept me inside.) It was great to get in a workout like that, and my legs were nice and tired the next day! And then, on Tuesday, I went out for a run. The humidity must have been 150%, no joke. If you've ever spent any spring/summer time in Oklahoma, you know I'm NOT exaggerating! It seems I forgot just how much it zaps your energy and hinders you exercise. My dad's always said you run through the summer so you can fast in the fall. I'm definitely looking forward to that. All in all, I managed three miles, but it took 36:33...not quite ideal! I hope to race faster on Saturday morning for my 5k. It's at 7:30, so I hope the humidity will stay a bay, but we're supposed to get stormy weather, so we'll see!

On a happy note, after the two days of workouts, my legs feel GREAT. I've been slacking off a ton throughout the winter, etc., and my legs didn't feel quite like this. It's like their a little tired, but great. I don't really know how to explain it, but it feels like I work them out regularly! Like slightly tired is normal and how they should feel! Maybe it doesn't make sense...but I love it!

No comments: