Thursday, December 4, 2008

Swimming

I totally thought I'd packed my goggles today. I apparently didn't. All I have to say is "boo!"

But I decided to use that in my training. I thought it would be a good chance for me to practice swimming in a straight line without that handy line telling me where to go. It's hard! I didn't really like it though since it bothered my eyes, so I focused a lot on my back stroke and kicks....more than usual. I did 100 meters of free style (front stroke), 100 meters of kicking, 100 meters of backstroke. I did that 3 times. Then I did 50 meters of free style and 50 of backstroke to make an even 1,000 meters. I didn't rush or go at race speed. I took my time and took some breaks after each set of 300. It took 35 minutes, which isn't too bad considering my speed.

After Sunday, I'm going to concentrate on my running for the following week because my race is next Saturday!

No comments: