Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Semi-update

So, I haven't posted in a while...

I've heard some "truths" about myself lately that have been hard to hear. Its sort of sent me into a mini-tailspin and I've definitely had better months. I don't want to go into a lot of detail for various reasons, the most of which is because I hate looking like my life isn't totally put together. Anyway, I'm dealing with some things personally, and I'm really not sure about what my near-to-mid future is going to look like. What I do know, however, is that I'm doing that Olympic in September. It was my New Year resolution, it's my personal goal for the year, and I'm going to do that. Nothing will stop me (if I need to eat ramon for two weeks straight to pay for it...so be it!). Basically, that will be one constant in my life and I look forward to it helping me through this all.

On such a cheerful note, I will briefly say that I have yet to get on my bike since my triathlon. If you're living in the center of the United States, you probably understand that there's been about three beautiful days in the whole past month, none of which fell on convenient days for a ride. I do plan on getting on it soon, however, since I've got a 50k bike at the end of this month! I may start training for real a bit next week, too.

Quick question for the experts (everyone who's done more than me)...should I do "focus groups" of two weeks where I focus on one of the three (while doing maybe one of each of the other two each week) to improve? I've read this is good for all triathletes, and I think I could use it, but I'll only have about 16 weeks of training total before the Olympic...suggestions?

No comments: