Saturday, May 2, 2009

A moment like this

So, I heard Kelly Clarkson's, "A Moment Like This," yesterday in the car. Naturally, I first went to thinking of great moments with Nick, like when we danced on the pier in Padre on our first anniversary. But I never like to think of songs one-dimensionally, so I quickly started thinking of my tri. Some people wait a life time for a moment like that. Really, crossing that finish line is just an amazing rush. I immediately thought I couldn't wait to feel that again, to do another triathlon. Like tomorrow. I think I've joined the ranks of those other crazy folks who are addicted to the sport...If only every training session could be like the tri...

Anyway, I thought I'd share that moment with you. Of course, doing one today would have been a disaster! I was not prepared, by any means. I did go swimming today. It's the first time I've done any of the three since my tri almost two weeks ago (I've been zumba-ing and elliptical, etc.). It was fun. It was indefinitely a feeler workout. I had done some weights before, so my arms were a little tired. It went well, though. I got to sport my Playtri bag and swim cap! That was exciting. Yes, I know, I am a bad ass.

I've decided to officially start training for my olympic-distance no later than May 31 (exactly 16 weeks before the tri). I may start a week before that of just getting back into the swing of things -- not real intense, but practicing the three sports. Thoughts?

I'm running tomorrow...wish me luck!

1 comment:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

In my opinion, maybe throw in a swim / bike / run once a week and have fun with other activities you give up on during training, especially the swim. If I take more then 4 days off from swimming, I feel I lost alot.

Which race are you thinking for your olympic?