Tuesday, June 2, 2009

T minus 16 weeks!

Oh my, I've started the countdown early!

I'm going to focus on running these next few weeks. I've decided against focus weeks, except for running. This should be fun...

I've felt pretty strong these past two days. I ran yesterday and while I had to stop a walk a lot during my 2.5 or so mile jog, I felt much better than I had the previous week. These two weeks of focus will hopefully improve my run significantly, so I can start off near where I should be. I swam today and let me tell you, my 400s this week felt so much better than my 350s last week! Faster, stronger and I didn't have to use backstroke. I feel like I'm getting into the groove of training again.

I had a late night last night, fitful night sleep and stressful early morning at work this morning. I was exhausted all day. But never did I let myself consider skipping the swim. Not once. I let myself go home at 4 p.m. instead of go straight to the gym, but it was nice and I laid out a bit and had dinner and then went to swim. I wouldn't let myself think about not going because I could have convinced myself not to go today. While I understand this is easier said than done, this is my plan for the next 16 weeks. Not even consider skipping training. I also want to do a better job of eating healthfully on most occasions.

During my swim today, I kept thinking about my first tri. I smiled in the water. Feeling strong and thinking about why I love the sport will get me through September when I rock it out at Lake Hefner!

2 comments:

Sara Cox Landolt said...

Fun to see you've signed up for another race! Cool!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Glad your motivation is back!!