Thursday, August 13, 2009

Just a few days...

Thanks for the advice and setting me straight. I need to prioritize my triathlon when I can, but realize I sometimes prioritize sleep, my boyfriend, work and my health instead, which is probably a good thing.

This is probably my last post before my tri on Sunday, again, because I don't have the Internet at home right now. Hopefully, my fabulous guy will work on that while I'm at work on Saturday...? I got a chance to run a little after my post Tuesday. I went home and took an amazing nap which seemed to remedy all my problems, so I ran two miles. 23 minutes, which is pretty good for me. I'm planning on hitting the pool right after this before playing softball tonight and then rest Friday and Saturday.

I have other things I want to write about, but I need to hurry to get a swim in and get home and changed before softball, so I can't stay. I wanted to leave with some preliminary goals:
1) Finish, running the whole time. (I didn't push myself as hard as I could have in my first because I didn't know what to expect or how much energy I would need to finish, so I want to be able to do that this time now that I know.)
2) Finish in less than 1:35:00.
3) Finish in less than 1:25:00.
Bonus: Cut off time in my transition. I don't care how much. Just shave some time.

Two will be tough, but doable, I think, if I'm racing my best. Three will be really hard, so that's why it's there. I get you a race report hopefully Monday, or Sunday if Nick fixes my computer! After a nap, of course.

Happy training!

1 comment:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Good luck, stick to your game plan and have fun.