Thursday, November 20, 2008

An update for you folks

Nothing about this week was as it was supposed to be, but I'm not complaining.

It started off with me not being able to swim my first real training day back. I ran instead, preparing to swim Sunday. Friday I didn't bike because I planned on visiting my parents that weekend and I looked forward to biking with them. The wind and the cold sent my parents to the gym, but I toughed it out and went for a ride. If it's daylight outside, I'd rather bike there...at least for now. Sunday I did swim, but Kayle came to visit, so she joined me.

Monday I was supposed to swim. I got up, showered, went to work and expected to swim on my long lunch break since I had to work late. Well, I'd just blown dry my hair mere hours earlier and I wasn't interested in doing it all again! So, I went home and ran 3 miles instead. Well, I ran a little more than 2 miles, but I went 3. It took me 45 minutes...a little sad? Anyway, then Tuesday I was going to double up semi like normal and swim and bike. My boyfriend was coming to visit, but not until really late, so even though I got off work late, I'd have time to do both. Well, as I got to the gym, he called to tell me his last class (which is 3 hours long!) was canceled and he could be there in 45 minutes! Hell ya! Even though he's an awesomely supportive boyfriend and told me to double up anyway and he'd just be there when I got there, I ignored that and swam and went to see him! It was so great to have him in town! I miss him so much when we are staying in different cities! Anyway, Wednesday was a day off, which I spent with Nick. We did bowl though.

I'm mostly doing a paragraph break here because that one is getting long and I know it's daunting. Anyway, today I doubled up swimming and biking. I will also bike tomorrow after work before heading back to Norman to visit my beau, my buds and my football team! My "cross training" on the off day this week will in fact be a football game. It's a huge game, I've got tickets, and it's gonna be awesome. We will probably walk about a mile up there and back...plus be standing a lot. It will have to do. Maybe Nick and I can play some DDR earlier that day...Moving on, Kayle and I are planning on running Sunday before I leave town, so I am excited about that too.

Soon, I think I'm going to change my schedule around. I think it will be best to have Mondays and Fridays off because of my work schedule and the fact that I'll be traveling a ton on the weekends now. I'll give it a couple more weeks to get the hang of the work thing and for football season to be over with. (Sad day!) Anyway folks, I'm still on the track, even though stuff gets pushed around...Later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your still on track. It sure seems like you have one hectic schedule going on there. With your motivation and great determination I know you'll figure out what works best for you. At least your not giving up and those words probably aren't even in your vocabulary, are they?
Keep at it and enjoy your week-end.