Thursday, February 19, 2009

And again...

Work interfered with training again today.

I had to work late waiting for someone to call me back about information on a wreck, so I didn't get to the gym until 30 minutes before the pool closed! I was supposed to get two 400m swims in, plus warm up, cool down and kicks (each 100m). That clearly wasn't going to happen, so I did my warm up and decided to swim 500m (the amount of my tri) instead. I fit 50m of kicks and a cool down in before I had to leave. After I changed, I tackled the weights, too, so not all was lost!

Happy training!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

http://www.dol.gov/esa/whd/overtime_pay.htm

If you are hourly, they legally have to pay you time and a half, pre-approved or not.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Wow, I hope your getting paid for these extra hours. I hate when the job takes away from training, I kinda look at it as training allows me not to go crazy at work by burning off some stress.