Saturday, February 21, 2009

Utter fail

Weekend workouts have not been going well...

Friday, I was able to get off work early (kinda, and given that I went in for almost 4 hours today) because Kayle was coming to town! It was really fun to see her, but unfortunately, I couldn't get the sore girl to get excited about running, so we went on a short walk instead. I was planning on biking today (normal) and running on Sunday, which is normally an off day. Well, I find out in the morning that it was windy and cold today but should be beautiful again tomorrow. I decided to run at the gym today and bike tomorrow. I need to fit the bike in before Nick comes mid-afternoon, too. After work today, I went home and ate...a lot. I hadn't eaten much that morning, and it took quite a while to get to the point where I felt like I could run. I've never been to the gym on a Saturday before, but apparently, it closes well before 7 p.m.! They were completely shut down when I arrived, so I sadly drove back home.

I guess I'll do some pilates (legs, butt and belly) tonight, bike tomorrow and then figure the rest out. I'm supposed to swim Monday, but that will be a challenge because Nick will be here. I have no idea how to get it done, and I can't remember the last time I did a full week's of exercise! I'm getting discouraged.

Just to add more fuel to the fire, I think I might be getting a cold.

(Note 8:31 p.m.: I just did about 40 minutes of pilates, so at least I did something. Toward the end of the workout, I realized I hadn't weighed myself in a long time. I got on the scale and guess what? I've broken the barrier that I haven't been able to get below since I gained 10 pounds in Spain...the summer of 2007! I'm only one pound below it, and I'd love to see the number another six pounds lower, but I know I've put on so much muscle, so a good amount of fat has been lost in the past few months. I'm not sure how low that number can get since I'm adding muscle anyway. My legs have definition, and my arms have a little, too. I can tell I've shaved fat off my thighs and stomach. My abs are there but still beneath a layer of stingy fat that may never go away. I don't have a perfect body, and I didn't get into the triathlon thing to lose weight, but it's nice to see physical results in addition to better endurance and such! I'm still discouraged about fitting all my workouts in, but I thought I'd give you a little upper, too.)

No comments: